Guide to Choosing the Right Color Roofing Shingles
No gimmicks! Rock-bottom prices every day.
The right color roofing shingles will help enhance your home’s appearance as well as work with the natural climate of the area where the home is. Shingles are important because roof is undoubtedly the most important factor in determining the appearance of your home. A properly installed roof lasts a long time, so choosing the right color roofing shingles is important. Our experts here at American Standard Roofing have come up with a few steps to help homeowners choose the right color roofing shingles for their homes.
Steps for choosing Right Color Roofing Shingles:
- Weather characteristics of the geographical location: it is extremely important to keep the climate in mind when deciding roofing shingles. The area of the house should be a big factor in deciding which color to go for. We did a separate blog post on how roofs reflect and absorb heat depending on color (and material) of the roof.
- Color coordination of roofing shingles with rest of the house: it is also important to color coordinate the roof of the house with the rest of the house. This can include the bricks, wooden siding, or stone used on the outside of the house. Our experts discuss the best color combinations in depth here.
- Curb appeal: your house makes a statement. Homeowners should remember that. Light or dark roofs, high contrast colors versus low contrasts, using neutral colors versus trendier colors; all these all make your home stand out and give it character. Be sure to consult with roofing professionals to add to your design of thought and customize your home.
- Crafting the right semblance: it is very important to provide the right illusion for your home by using the right color roofing shingles. Darker color roof shingles give the home a smaller, more cosier feel. Lighter color shingles do the opposite. Our experts advise to choose whatever look and feel you want carefully as well installed roofs last a long time.
- Harmony with the home’s neighborhood: most neighborhoods have regulations for using a designated range of colors on the outside. Our experts suggest making sure from the neighborhood associations before finalizing on your right color roofing shingles. This will ensure you are not in violation of any rules set in place. In addition, a house that awkwardly stands out also loses it’s aesthetic appeal sometimes. Make sure you find the right harmonious balance.
- Do your research before spending money: there is a wide array of right color roofing shingles and materials available in the market. Homeowners need to perform due diligence and do their home work as to what suits their needs best. They should also take time to speak to roofing experts to find that right color roofing shingles combination. This will be more economically viable and result in a better looking house.
- Work with colors that enhance the type of your home: finally, always make sure that whatever the right roofing color shingles you choose, they need to enhance the architectural style of your home. A traditional colonial style might not look as nice with a variety of different colors as a traditional ranch style home. A good tip from our experts is checking out similar build type house as your own. Drive around, see different similar house and see if you like their color combinations. This will give great ideas to homeowners looking for right color roofing shingles.
It’s That Simple!
So there you have it! Following these above steps will help homeowners choose the right color roofing shingles. These steps will also help your home stand out while remaining classy and chic at the same time. Remember to give us a call for all your roofing shingles need. We have been in the business for over 36 years. We stand behind our work and the material we use. In short we know what we’re doing.