As premier roofers, American Standard Roofing has done a lot of home improvement and roofing Goodrich projects. We specialize in roofing, sidings and gutters. We also install insulation and other home improvement projects. Call or contact us today. We will take care of all your roofing Goodrich Michigan needs.
Goodrich is a village in Genesee County in Michigan. The population was 1,860 at the 2010 census. The village is a suburb of Flint located within Atlas Township.
Mr. and Mrs. Levi H. Goodrich traveled via steam ship from Buffalo to Detroit to settle after they had sold their home in the summer of 1835. They journeyed from Detroit towards modern-day Pontiac, where they met land explorers who told them of the land’s beauty. When they reached the vicinity of Davison’s Mill (now Atlas), they found rich, fertile soil, an excess of timber, and readily available water. They returned to Detroit and purchased one thousand acres (4 km²) at $1.25 per acre. They returned to their old home in Clarence, New York and prepared to return to their purchased property. It was decided that Moses and Levi, the eldest and third of the six brothers, would travel back via Canada. They completed their journey in 16 days, and built a cabin before the family arrived on May 20, 1836. The first wood-frame house was built for Enos Goodrich in 1838.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 2.26 square miles. Out of that 2.19 square miles is land and 0.07 square miles is water.
The first tavern, The Goodrich House, was built in 1846 by a Mr. Matthew Davidson. This was a popular spot for trading and salesman. In over one hundred years, there were several owners, the most notable being Ben Yerkey, The Cicote Brothers (famous for their baseball career) and Emery Rockafellow. After the Death of Rockefellow, the tavern was bought by S. M. Hegel. The house fell victim to a fire in 2009 and was subsequently torn down.